Monday, June 4, 2012

Summer 2012 Week 1

Well, it has begun.  Summer.  This week I opted for a PBS show to base our activities around.  Dinosaur Train.  It actually grows on you and I find myself referring to Dr. Scott the paleontologist as my expert on all things dinosaur. 

Last year, I scored an amazing deal on a pass that gets our entire family into the local dinosaur park, the train museum and a nature center for an entire year.  It expires the end of June so I am putting all of the activities that can happen using that pass as #1 priorities this summer. 

Today we visited the Dinosaur park and saw all of the different species and fossils and fun stuff.  The kids had a blast.  It was the hottest day of the year so far so I am glad we went early.  Plus, it is almost deserted right after opening!  :)  When we got home, we had a carnivore lunch of scrambled eggs with ham and cheese.  We decided that we don't want to be carnivores.  Ugh. 

Tomorrow we are making fossils and then re-discovering them later on in the day using plaster of paris, toy dinosaurs that always seem to be laying around (until I want to find them in the morning), a under the bed storage box, used up paintbrushes and a thing of play sand.  And we're going to have an omnivore lunch.  :)

Wednesday is movie day - Land Before Time - easy day for Mom.  And a herbivore lunch.

Thursday we are heading to the train museum to fulfill the train part and having dinosaur chicken nuggets for lunch.

Friday is my day off!  :)

Today I did make my own discovery (as Dr. Scott says we should) - I will not be taking all of my children with me to the grocery store without my hubby there EVER AGAIN!  Way too much of an adventure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment